WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU
● Educate you through the entire process
● Listen to your needs to understand your real estate objectives
● Help you understand all of the paperwork
● Handle any problems that arise during the transaction
● Properly prepare forms, contracts and disclosures, which are required by law, and make sure that they are legally correct
● Provide comparable sales data to assure that you are paying the proper price for your home
● Help you find the right home in the right neighborhood
● Screen homes before your inspection to make sure the property meets your needs
● Guide you regarding the repairs that should be made
● Show you homes in an effective and professional manner
● Guide you in your selection of escrow/closing and title people
● Oversee the closing process
● See that the completion of the transaction is smooth, including obtaining keys and taking possession of the property
● Help you spot sellers who are attempting to take advantage of you
● Help you understand the use and limitations of good faith deposits
● Advise you as to when you should seek the advice of an attorney
● Make sure the appraisal process is handled properly
● Help you to understand the complete loan, escrow/closing and title process
● Advise you as to any inspections such as septic, well or soil, which might be applicable to the specific property in which you are interested
● Guide you as to how the escrow/closing instructions should be prepared
● Properly handle the walk-through process with you prior to the final closing
● See that any repairs or requirements are met prior to the closing
● Advise you as to what course of action should be taken if the seller refuses to close the transaction
● Negotiate and deal effectively on your behalf with the seller, other agents, escrow/closing, title people and attorneys
● See that each and every facet of the buying process is effectively and professionally handled in your best interest
What Buyers Have Said…
BENEFITS OF A BUYER’S AGENT
● A buyer’s agent represents you, the buyer, not the seller, and has full fiduciary duties, including loyalty to you. By definition, the buyer’s agent has your best interests in mind throughout the transaction.
● The benefits of buyer representation is the dedication of a buyer’s agent to the home buyer. The buyer’s agent and homebuyer establish a mutual agreement, known as a buyer agency agreement, that will entitle the homebuyer to, but is not limited by:
● Loyalty The real estate agent must act in the best interest of the buyer.
● Disclosure All material facts such as relationships between agent and other parties, existence of other offers, status of earnest money, seller’s financial condition, property’s true worth, commission split with other brokers, and legal effect of important contract provisions.
● Confidentiality Any discussions, facts, or information that should not be revealed to others but does not include responsibility of fairness and honesty in dealings with all parties.
● Accounting in dealings Reporting of where any money placed in the hands of the broker is kept.
● Reasonable Skill and Care Arriving at a reasonable purchase price and advising the buyer of such, affirmatively discovering material facts and disclosing them to the buyer, investigating the material facts related to the sale. With a buyer agency, the interests of the homebuyer will be represented in the purchase of the home. This scenario is different from a typical transaction where the buyer is not technically represented.